Mon – Fri: 8:30 – 4:00
Closed from 12–1pm

(609) 883-2900 
2 Jake Garzio Drive
Ewing, NJ 08628

Environmental and Consumer Health

Consumer Health

Retail Food Establishments

The department conducts annual routine inspections of all retail food establishments (restaurants, food stores, schools, food vehicles, and vending machines) to ensure that State standards are met. The Health Department also responds to individual complaints as well as the monitoring of all recalled foods to ensure that only safe products reach the public.

Public Bathing Places

Seasonal and year round facilities such as pools and hot tubs are routinely inspected. Weekly lab analyses of all public bathing places are required and reviewed for bacteria and chemical levels to assure safety of bathing waters.


Radon education programs and test kits are available by contacting the Health Department.

Environmental Health & Public Health Nuisances

Residents having a complaint regarding any environmental issues such as: garbage, debris, litter, weeds, heat, sewage, air pollution, odors, insects, and rodents.


The Department conducts surveys of environmental nuisances in residential and commercial areas to identify potential problems. The Department also responds directly to complaints of all environmental nuisances such as insects and rodents, weeds, garbage and debris, and sanitary waste.

Child Care Centers

Child care centers are periodically inspected by the Department to ensure a safe and clean atmosphere and for compliance with State standards.

Individual Sewage Disposal

Installation and operation of individual sewerage disposal systems is monitored to ensure proper operation and correction when malfunction occurs.

Occupational Health

Inspectors respond to a variety of occupational health complaints that range from smoking, inadequate heat, ventilation, improper chemical use, and sanitation. Chronic and acute occupational disease investigations are conducted and forwarded to OSHA & PEOSHA or the N.J. Department of Health.

Air Pollution

Investigation of odors and solid pollutants are conducted as a result of complaints.

 Municipal Building 
2 Jake Garzio Drive
Ewing, NJ 08628 
(609) 883-2900 
 M-F: 8:30am - 4:00pm 
Closed 12–1pm for Lunch

Senior & Community Center 
999 Lower Ferry Road 
Ewing, NJ 08628 
(609) 883-1776 
 M-F: 8:30am - 4:30pm

Hollowbrook Community Center
320 Hollowbrook Drive
Ewing, NJ  08638
(609)  883-1199
M-F: 8:30am - 4:30pm



Scotch Road (Public Works) 
Bulk Items: Fri & Sat: 7:30am - 2:30pm*
Electronic Items: Mon – Sat: 7:30am - 2:30pm*

Jack Stephan Way (Brush Drop-off) 
Mon – Sat: 7:30am - 2:30pm*
*closed from 11:30 - 12:30 for lunch*

Ewing Animal Shelter 
4 Jake Garzio Drive 
 (609) 771-8076

Ewing Police 
2 Jake Garzio Drive 
(609) 882-1313

Ewing Branch Library 
61 Scotch Road 
(609) 882-3130

Rental Property Concern Hotline
(609) 323-1177

Ewing Public Schools
2099 Pennington Road
Ewing, NJ 08618
P: (609) 538-9800
F: (609) 538-0041

Weather Central
Courtesy of PHVFC

Sustainable jersey logoVet Recog 


Municipal Websites by Spatial Data Logic