skip to main content


Who to Contact with Construction Related Questions

  • Electrical Related - Electrical Subcode Official Mike Stallone x 7673
  • Fire Related - Fire Subcode Official  Jack Daniels x7678
  • Plumbing Related -   Acting Plumbing Subcode Official Mike Wright x 7672
  • Building Related - Building Subcode Official Jim Megna x7017
  • Fire Prevention Related - Fire Marshal Jim Hall x7179
  • Housing |Rental | Property Transfer - Mike Stallone x 7673

SDL Online Permit Portal

To facilitate the permit process the Code Enforcement Office is transitioning to Ewing's SLD Online Portal and encourages applicants to use it also.  With the use of the Portal, there is no longer a need to travel to the municipal building, or make phone calls to department offices. Instead, you can find resources you need online.   

  • Click here to view detailed instructions for use.  (printable copy)  
  • Click here to view the status of your application.  
  • Click here to request an inspection.
  • Click here to file a Code Enforcement complaint


  • Review all applications and plans submitted for new construction and / or alterations in accordance with the Uniform Construction Code and its adoption of various codes related to building, electrical, elevator, fire, HVAC and plumbing.
  • Inspect all residential, commercial and industrial buildings during the various phases of construction. No work shall begin until a permit – if needed – has been issued.
  • Investigate all buildings and structures which have been damaged to ensure they can be safely occupied.

Need an Inspection?

Our preference for scheduling an inspection request is via the  SDL Portal (See our instructions for new users).  However, phone requests are accepted.  Please call (609) 883-2900 x7675, x7018, x7676 or x7677.

Local Contractor License

All commercial contractors working in the Township of Ewing are required to hold a Ewing Township Contractor’s License [renewed annually] as well as an NJ State Contractor’s License. Residential contractors need only an NJ State Home Improvement License.

Required Permits

Emergency Work can start immediately once our office has been notified. The property owner has 72 hours to submit the appropriate permit requests[s]. Valid emergencies include roof leaks, heater repairs / replacements and other conditions which may affect the safety of the occupant[s].

Permits are not required for day-to-day repairs and / or improvements including painting, window and door replacement using new material of the same dimensions and carpet installations.

Required Plans

Residential drawings can be done by the homeowner if the unit is a single family dwelling and the homeowner resides at the location of the proposed construction. The plans must be submitted in duplicate, accompanied by the appropriate technical applications, and are subject to the approval of the code official.

Commercial drawings must be completed by an NJ-licensed architect or engineer and submitted in duplicate with the appropriate technical applications. Commercial applicants are also required to submit final “as builts” in digital form on a CD.

Installation Procedures

Requirements of the NJ Uniform Code Construction Code and enforced through the Ewing Code Construction Office.
Where to go for additional information on:

  • Above Ground Pools - Above ground pools (onground pools) shall be installed to the 2015 International Swimming Pools and Spa Code (ISPSC): Chapter 7 - Onground Storable Residential Swimming Pools.
  • In Ground Pools - In ground pools shall be installed to the 2015 International Swimming Pools and Spa Code (ISPSC):  Chapter 8 - Permanent Inground Residential Swimming Pools
  • Installation Procedure for Irrigation / Well Meters - Ewing residents have an option to install an irrigation (2nd) meter for measuring the water usage for maintaining the lawns, plants, swimming pool, etc. The residents who have a well on their property also have the option to install a meter for actual sewer usage.  The secondary meter will measure the volume of water used exclusively outside of the house that does not enter a sanitary sewer system, therefore, this water usage will not be applied into the calculation of the sewage disposal bill for the property.

Construction Forms


Construction Official
Jack Daniels
p: (609) 883-2900 x7678
f: (609) 406-1384

Assistant Construction Official
Mike Stallone
p: 609-883-2900 x7673

Lisa Litz, Administrative Assistant
p: 609-883-2900 x7677

Additional Staff Contacts

Mailing Address
Construction Office
Township of Ewing
2 Jake Garzio Drive
Ewing, NJ 08628

Hours of Operation
M, T, Th, F - 8:30am - 4pm
**Closed Wednesdays**

NJ One Call - Call Before You Dig (800) 272-1000 or 8-1-1

NJ One Call FAQS

Municipal Building 
2 Jake Garzio Drive
Ewing, NJ 08628
(609) 883-2900 
 M-F: 8:30am - 4:30pm

Senior & Community Center 
999 Lower Ferry Road 
Ewing, NJ 08628 
(609) 883-1776 
 M-F: 8:30am - 4:30pm

Hollowbrook Community Center
320 Hollowbrook Drive
Ewing, NJ  08638
(609)  883-1199
M-F: 8:30am - 4:30pm

Scotch Road (Public Works) 
Bulk and Electronic Items 
Th-F: 7:00am - 3:00pm 
 Sat: 7:00am - 2:30pm

Jack Stephan Way (Brush Drop-off) 
M-Sat: 7:30am - 2:30pm 

Ewing Animal Shelter 
4 Jake Garzio Drive 
 (609) 771-8076

Ewing Police 
2 Jake Garzio Drive 
 (609) 882-1313

Ewing Branch Library 
61 Scotch Road 
 (609) 882-3130

Rental Property Concern Hotline 
 (609) 323-1177

Ewing Public Schools 
2099 Pennington Road
Ewing, NJ 08618
P: (609) 538-9800
F: (609) 538-0041

Weather Central 
Courtesy of PHVFC

                                                                                          Copyright © 2017 Ewing Township. All Rights Reserved.